Jason Koon was online poker’s biggest winner on February 27 thanks to him taking down the star-studded Sunday Million Super High Roller at his sponsor’s site, GGPoker. Koon was one of 44 entrants on the $25,500 buy-in event; Koon left everyone in his wake.
Only five of the nine players who reached the final table secured a slice of the $1,100,000 prize pool. This meant the likes of Pablo Silva, Timothy Adams, and Ami Barer missed out on a payout. Barer was the tournament’s unfortunate bubble boy, busting in sixth-place and losing out on a $114,043 min-cash.
Bruno Volkmann was the first in-the-money player. David Miscikowski joined Volkmann on the rail, doing so with $152,079 in his GGPoker bankroll. Marius Gierse’s exit in third came with a $202,800 payout. Gierse’s was the last elimination of the tournament because Koon and Seth Davies struck a deal for the rest of the prize pool. The deal saw Davies finish in second place and collect $303,964, leaving Koon to walk away with the title of champion and an impressive $327,112 payday.
Daniel Negreanu Reveals His 2022 WSOP Schedule
$25,500 Sunday Million Super HR Final Table Results
*reflects a heads-up deal
Benjamin Rolle Tops Super-Stacked Sunday Deepstack
This week’s $5,250 buy-in Sunday Deepstack High Roller may have only seen 42 players buy in but what a 42 they were. Such luminaries as Daniel Dvoress, Stephen Chidwick, Andras Nemeth, and Sam Greenwood all fought their way to a ridiculously stacked final table, but all four left the event empty handed.
Greenwood’s exit paved they way to a share of the $210,000 prize pool. Michael Addamo reeled in a $21,771 fifth-place prize, while recent Super MILLION$ champion Sung Joo “ArtePokerTV” Hyun got his hands on a $29,033 fourth-place payout.
Farid Jattin crashed out in third, a finish good for $38,716, which left Benjamin Rolle and Rui Ferreira heads-up for the title. Rolle, who scooped almost $400,000 last Sunday, got the job done and defeated Ferreira to secure another $68,848. Ferreira consoled himself with $51,629.
$5,250 Sunday Deepstack HR Final Table Results
|4||Sung Joo “ArtePokerTV” Hyun||Hong Kong||$29,033|
Be Both Hunter and Prey in GGPoker’s $30M Guaranteed Bounty Hunter Series
Other $25,000+ Scores at GGPoker on February 27
Both Allan “Freedom35” Mello and “huethuong89” padded their bankrolls with six-figure prizes. Mello won the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller or $141,234 while the latter took down the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $110,131.
Niklas Astedt almost netted a six-figure haul but narrowly missed out after winning the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller. The super-talented Swede turned his initial investment into $93,885 with bounty payments included.
- Allan “Freedom35” Mello – first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Rollers for $141,234
- huethuong89 – first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $110,131*
- Niklas Astedt – first-place in the $5,250 Bounty Hunters Super High Roller for $93,885*
- Kasparas Klezys – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $64,503*
- John “SheppardPie” Bakalis – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $57,360
- Rodrigo Sirichuk – first-place in the $888 Sunday Crazy Eights HR for $49,599
- Andrei “[email protected]” Popugaev – first-place in the $300 GGMasters Bounty Special Edition for $48,628*
- Wai Kat “Mr Lee” Lee – first-place in the $5,250 Short Deck Bounty Super High Roller for $47,504*
- PermaBull – first-place in the $840 Sunday Superstack HR for $45,448
- Regis “WiskyGold” Kogler – first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $41,718
- Ami Barer – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday Omaholic Main Event for $40,776*
- King Anne – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Heater Bounty Turbo for $33,290*
- Martin Pineiro – first-place in the $525 Bounty Hunters HR Encore for $32,542*
- RAF SIMONS – first-place in the $525 Short Deck Bounty Main Event for $31,774*
- Matas Cimbolas – first-place in the $210 Sunday Big Game for $28,859*
- Patrick Leonard – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Kick-Off for $26,552
*includes bounty payments